Aldo Salazar Morales (Postdoc – Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
Anthony Coelho (NIH-PREP fellow)
Cong Shen (Postdoc)
Joey Erwin (Graduate student in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
Sibel Ebru Yalcin (Research Scientist)
Vasilije Pantelic (Undergraduate Student - Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
Aiwei Sui (Technician)
Jackie Mendes (Technician)
SUPERVISION OF POST-DOCTORAL/RESEARCH SCHOLARS – Former: 7, Current: 4 (in parenthesis: present position)
- Anthony Coelho 2023-present (NIH PREP Fellow)
- Cong Shen, 2023-present
- Aldo Salazar-Morales, 2023-present
- Sibel Ebru Yalcin, 2017- present
- Yuri Londer, 2020-2021 (Visiting Research Scientist, Yale)
- Jens Neu, 2019-2022 (Assistant Professor, University of North Texas)
- Matthew Guberman-Pfeffer, 2019-2022 (Postdoc, Shaw Group, Baylor University, Texas)
- Ruchi Jain, 2018-2020 (Senior Scientist, Artizan)
- Xinglong Ren, 2019 (Postdoc, Sirringhaus Group, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Fadel Samatey, 2019-2022 (Senior Scientist, Texas A&M University)
- Sophia Yi, 2016-2021
SUPERVISION OF GRADUATE STUDENTS – Former: 10. Current: 2 (in parenthesis: present position)
- Patrick Obrien, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2016-10/2020 (Boston Consulting) Thesis title: A Tale of Two Nanowires: Biochemical and spectroscopic characterization of the conductive cytochrome OmcS and OmcZ filaments of Geobacter sulfurreducens
- Yangqi Gu, PhD. Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology. 4/2016-3/2022 (Postdoc, Chin Lab, University of Cambridge, UK). Thesis title: Trinity of Geobacter Filaments: Discovery and characterization of OmcS, OmcZ, and Pili filaments.
- Raj Basak, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2016-3/2018 (Pharma Industry)
- Amber Hudspeth. MS Physics 5/2016-8/2016, (Visiting Professor, Montana State University)
- Catharine Shipps, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2018-10/2022 (Scientist, Quantum-Si). Thesis title: Electrons on the move proteins: microbial cytochrome nanowires in extracellular electron transfer and as functional materials
- Vishok Srikanth, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2018-10/2022 (Consultant, Bain & Co.) Thesis title: Structural basis for assembly of OmcS-like nanowires in diverse microbial species. Winner of the Mary Ellen Jones Prize for the most distinguished dissertation.
- Peter Dahl, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2018-8/2023. (Postdoc, National Renewable Energy Laboratory) Thesis title: Toward understanding the mechanism of charge transport in protein nanowires.
- Aldo Salazar-Morales, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2019-6/2023. (Postdocs, Yale) Thesis title: Molecular mechanism of assembly and secretion of Geobacter sulfurreducens pili and cytochrome nanowires for extracellular electron transport
- Cong Shen, PhD. Microbiology, 6/17- 6/23. (Postdocs, Yale) Theis title: Assembly machinery of OmcS-like cytochrome nanowires in diverse microbial species involved in direct interspecies electron transfer.
- Andrew Rodriguez, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2021-4/2022 (PhD student, Yale)
- Joey Erwin, PhD. Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. 4/2020- Present. Thesis title: Widespread bacterial cytochrome complex required for extracellular electron transfer.
- Pilar Castillo Portela, PhD. Biochemistry, University of New Lisbon (Co-mentor) 4/2021- Present. Thesis title: NMR characterization of electron transfer pathway for charging cytochrome nanowires.
SUPERVISION OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS - Former: 18. Current: 1. %indicates published. (in parenthesis: present position)
- Guna Mandava%, B.S./M.S. Mol. Biophy. & Biochem., 2019-2023 (Graduate Student, University of Chicago). Thesis title: Controlled Self Assembly of Microbial Nanowires into Ordered Lattices.
- Daniel Shapiro%, B. S. Physics, 2018-2020 (Graduate Student, Duke University)
- Dennis Vu% (Medical School) 2016-2020
- Winston Huynh% (Graduate Student, Stanford University) 2016-2019
- Vanessa Saldivar (REU) – UC Irvine 2022 (Graduate Student, University of California, Los Angeles)
- Andrew Rodriguez, B. S. Physics, 2020 (Graduate Student, Yale University)
- Titir De. B.S./M.S. Biology. 2020 (Graduate Student, New York University)
- Disha Kashyap B.S. Chemistry 2021 (Graduate Student, University of Cambridge)
- Rakshi. Qureshi 2016 (REU-Regulator at Maesa),
- Nuzzrath Mohamed Jabarullah (Hazzeena) (Exchange student - Singapore), 2016
- Ronald Hood (Software Engineering Intern, Identity.com) 2019-2021
- Lauren Delgado 2019-2021 (Medical School)
- Michelle Lee 2020 (Medical School)
- Hyerim Bianca Nam 2019-2021(Research Fellow, DAAD German Academic Exchange Service)
- Claire Sheen 2016-2017 (Science Writer)
- Hanwen Zhang 2021-22 (Yale undergraduate student, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology)
- Jerry Ruvalcaba% 2020-2023 (Medical School)
- Anthony Coelho% 2022-2023 (NIH PREP Fellow)
- Vasilije Pantelic 2023- (Yale undergraduate student, Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
SUPERVISION OF ROTATATION STUDENTS - Former: 9. Current: 0.
- Sachita Ganesa (2017-18),
- Matthew Cook (2017-18)
- Emerson Santiago (2018-19),
- Zion Perry (2020-21)
- Anjana Kammath (2020-21)
- Christian Freniere (2020-21)
- Andrew Verdegaal (2018-19)
- Elizabeth Nand (2018-19)
- Gabrielle Andrade (2019-20)